The SPQ (Sasang Personality Questionnaire) is developed for the assessment of personality based on the Sasang typology, and this 14-item SPQ has three sub-scales including SPQ-behavior, SPQ-emotionality, and SPQ-cognition (1).
It's clinical validity (2) and usefulness (3) were confirmed repeatedly. The interesting thing is that the SPQ, rather than BMI, can predict some part of general health status (4).
It was reported that the SPQ and Body Mass Index is a objective measures of biopsychological characteristics of Sasang typology in general population with consideration of age and gender (3).
* The SPQ is protected under the Intellectual Property Law in Korea. So if you want to use, you should contact us in advance.
The application form for using SPQ for a research project can be downloaded from here.
1. Chae, Han, et al. "Development and validation of a personality assessment instrument for traditional Korean medicine: Sasang personality questionnaire." Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine (2012) 2012;657013
2. Jang, Eunsu, et al. "Clinical Validation of the Sasang Personality Questionnaire". J of OrientalNeuropsychiatry (2012) 23:23-32
3. Lee, Soojin, et al. "Biopsychological traits of Sasang typology based on Sasang personality questionnaire and body mass index" BMC Complement Altern Med. (2014) 14:315
4. Chae Han, et al. "Study on the effect of Sasang psychobiological factors on general health status" KJOPP (2014) 28:452-9